Event Duration: 30+15 minutes (if overtime)
Event Times: ???
What is Payload?
Payload is a game mode in which the attacking team must escort a TNT minecart through a series of checkpoints to eventually blow up the defending team's dragon egg within a certain amount of time.
- Blue payload cart on the track.
- A track and cart appear in spawn, along the track are 3-5 checkpoints, depending on the track.
- The cart is pushed by attackers by standing next to it – the more attackers near the cart minus defenders near the cart, the faster it moves, up to a limit of 3 players. Any additional players beyond 3 do not increase the speed further.
- If more players from the defending team than the attacking team stand next to the cart, it becomes contested.
- If the cart is left unattended or is contested, it stops moving forwards and, after 5 seconds, it begins to roll backwards until the previous checkpoint. The cart-pushing team must stand next to it again to once again move it forwards.
- When a cart reaches a checkpoint, 3 minutes are added to the timer.
- There are two teams, Red and Blue, players are put in the emptiest team upon entering spawn during the event. Once assigned a team, they will remain in that team for the duration of the game.
- Payload lasts 2 rounds, each team takes turns attacking and defending, if both teams have 1 point by the end of the two rounds (draw), the game goes into overtime, where point gain is disabled and the round winner wins the game.
- There are chokepoints, which are stretches of track which the cart moves over very slowly.
You can gain points in payload by doing the following:
- Killing players on the opposite team - 1 point, 2 points if on defending team.
- Pushing the cart for 5 seconds - 1 point.
- Pushing the cart whilst a checkpoint is captured - 5 points.
If you are on the winning team, your reward is doubled.
For example, 1st place on winning team gets 4x Scorned Feather.
- 1st: 2x Scorned Feather, 10x Dragon Eggs, 8x Star Remnants
- 2nd: 1x Scorned Feather, 8x Dragon Eggs, 6x Star Remnants
- 3rd: 5x Dragon Eggs, 5x Star Remnants
- 4th: 3x Dragon Eggs, 3x Star Remnants
- 5th: 2x Dragon Eggs, 2x Star Remnants
- >5th: 3x Dragon Eggs
- Payload is directly inspired by the Team Fortress 2 game mode with the same name.